January 19, 2016
We are extremely grateful for your prayer support last week. Hundreds of you responded to the call to prayer and we thank God for your friendship and support.
Ecclesiastes 3 says:
For everything there is a season,
A time for every purpose under heaven:
A time to be born,
And a time to die;
However, the death of our 35 yr old nephew certainly seemed “out of season” to all of us.
My sister’s family (The Nails) experienced great grace to walk through the death and funeral service.
January 12, 2016
Many of you responded to yesterday’s prayer request for my nephew Rick (See below). Rick is the youngest son of my sister Jane (who passed away two years ago). Since Jane & I were the only 2 kids- our families are very close.
After many heroic efforts (multiple surgeries, procedures, life-sustaining machines, etc) the medical staff concluded he will not survive.
The family members are saying their goodbyes. Thanks for your prayers.
Now pray for what lies ahead.
January 11, 2016
We are at the hospital with my 36yr old nephew, Rick Nail.
He had emergency abdominal surgery yesterday and went into septic shock–his organs are shutting down and he is very, very critical.
The amazing staff at Emory Hospital are trying every drastic measure possible to give him a chance to live.
Everything modern medicine has to offer – Rick needs a miracle.
Thanks for being our prayer partner.
January 11, 2016
Yesterday I preached from Col. 1:9-14. This prayer of Paul is a great model to use when praying for others– and it expresses what we desire for our own walk with God. Notice what Paul prays:
- Filled with the knowledge of His will.
- not simply a Choice to make- but a Direction to take
- God’s Will is known in the realm of Spiritual Wisdom and Understanding (not prideful intellect)
- Walking Worthy and Pleasing
- Walk: ordering our lives-
- God’s will not just for our heads but for our feet
- Worthy: appropriately; not because we deserve it-but because He has made us worthy in Christ and our new life responds and corresponds to Him
- Pleasing: Pleasing God vs. Pleasing Man (Gal. 1:10)
Resulting in these 4 things:
- Bearing Fruit in Every Good Work
- Growing in the Knowledge of God
- Strengthened with All Power
- Joyfully Giving Thanks