“…Who through Christ reconciled us to Himself and gave us the ministry of reconciliation…” (2 Cor. 5:18)
God gave us the ministry of reconciliation and committed to us the “word of reconciliation. (2 Cor 5:19) This calling and responsibility moves us to share the Gospel in our spheres of influence and care for those we send out to share the Gospel in other places.
Yesterday, there were many reminders of our responsibilities as “senders.”
- We welcomed home a family who have been serving in a war-zone. We have the chance to love on them during their months of state-side assignment.
- We sent out a teacher to serve two years in South America.
- We remembered our missionaries returning to Southeast Asia.
- We had an update from our member who serves in India.
- We remembered our team in Kenya.
- We prayed for our church planters in Boise and Baltimore.
Notice I said “we” every time. Some of these we could discuss in public and some we could not. However, we (the Body of Christ) are in this together. As we think about the Sent Ones let’s remember how desperately they are depending on us…the Senders. We must pray for them, communicate with them and keep our lives tied to theirs…together we fulfill this ministry of reconciliation–the Sent Ones and the Senders.