(these requests were printed on a handout that is available in the lobby)
1. Southside Meeting Place: Church leaders continue the process of evaluating the proposed property and determining exactly what would be required to use it for ministry. Pray for their wisdom and God’s direction for Calvary.
2. Missionaries in Transition: There are quite a few Calvary Missionary families in transition. We have three families in the appointment process who are wrapping up details and will go to Richmond for training. Pray for houses to sell and details to fall into place. Four other families are finishing “stateside assignments,” and will be returning to the field. Pray for these families.
3. Kenya Mission Team: Continue to pray for this team, led by Chuck Peters, as they train church leaders and strengthen the churches in the Malindi area of coastal Kenya. They return Aug. 12.
4. 20/2o Vision: A team of staff and lay leaders has been in a “visioning” process since September 2009. The next few steps in the process are critical; and, we are counting on your prayers.
5. Public Profession of faith: Pray for students returning from camp who need to publicly profess faith and be baptized.
————-extra. updates since printed list———–
Doug Hill had to go back in the hospital. He continues to improve but it is going too slow for Doug and Linda! Continue praying for Doug.
Lee Chewning is continuing to improve. He still has pain and is moving quite slowly—however, he plans to lead worship this week in Elevate and at Calvary West. Pray for his strength—and wisdom–to know what to do and what not to do as he recovers.
Meetings in Atlanta. I have to go to Atlanta Monday. It will be a quick trip; fly in early; have lunch with my sister; meetings Monday afternoon and evening; fly back Tuesday morning in time for 11:00 a.m. staff meeting. I appreciate my prayer partners and my request is for strength and wisdom.