Most everyone around Calvary would agree: few things have impacted our church like the focus on community ministries!
A few years ago we launched “Love: Winston-Salem” because we knew it was the right thing to do. Many local ministries needed our help and there were so many opportunities to serve our neighbors . We started with a mission trip to Winston-Salem and expected that it would launch year-round ministry involvement….and that is exactly what happened!
Now, week-after-week, members of the Calvary Family join hands with other believers and serve in our community. So the question is: “Why do we still have a special week to focus on the community?” My answer is two-fold:
1. Ministry Advance: Some ministries require a periodic tune-up. With an intense week of special focus, we can advance the cause in ways that our ministry partners can’t do in their weekly patterns.
2. Mobilization: We need the opportunity to let people experience local ministry as a part of the mobilization process. The lessons learned in one week allow us to consider other ways to serve year-round.
So…the time is upon us. Don’t miss out on the opportunity to be a part of Community Serve!
TO SIGN UP, do one of the following…
- See a volunteer in the lobby of all three venues to sign-up on Sunday.
- Go to www.calvarynow.com/communityserve to sign up on-line.
- Call 714.5502 and leave a message of where and when you wish to serve.