We’re off to a great start in 2013. There are so many things to share but let me keep this short and list some specific prayer requests for the next few weeks.
- KK: is beginning a new semester teaching ESL at a nearby church. She is having great impact on her students.
- Big D (KK’s dad): is in good health and we are continuing to live with him and oversee his daily needs.
- Housing: we’ve talked about remodeling for over a year–going slow for a reason–need wisdom. We built a garage to store our household goods and are praying about some significant next steps. Pray for us.
- Katy (daughter): has received notice that her new visa is approved. She will be returning to Beirut next week.
- Josh (son): is leading his church on a Radical Faith journey. They are asking God to provide $300,000 by the end of January and they are well on their way. click here for updates http://trademarkchurch.blogspot.com
- Evangelism Team: pray for our new leadership team as we align our various teams for 2013. Our 6 teams are (LoveLoud, Disaster Relief, Chaplaincy, Collegiate, Partner Strategies & Services and Church Revitalization)
- On-going Disaster Relief (Super Storm Sandy): Our teams continue to facilitate volunteers in the Northeast.
- Speaking/Ministry Commitments:
- 2 churches in Lafayette, LA (Jan 27)
- Louisiana Evangelism Conference (Jan 28-29)
- San Diego– NAMB Trustee Meeting (Feb 4-6)
- FBC Alpharetta, GA (Feb 10)
- Nashville–SBC Executive Committee (Feb 18-19)
- New Orleans– Seminary Chapel (Feb 21)
- Houston– Woodridge BC (Feb 24) and Loving Houston Conference (Feb 24-25)
- Memphis– Mid-America Seminary (Feb 26)
Over the last few weeks I have received a number of notes from people in Louisiana telling me of their prayers for our upcoming meetings there. It has been SO encouraging to hear of people praying for us. Thanks for your intercession and know that we desperate need your friendship and prayers as we serve those seeking to penetrate lostness in North America.