This morning I referred to a lot of different Scripture passages. They are listed here for those who want to do further study.
Why do we have conflict?
- Sojourners & exiles (I Peter 2:11)
- Born of the Spirit- live in a fleshly body (Rom. 6:12-13)
What do we win? (or lose?)
- We can live like temporary residents – confident of our eternal home (1 Pet. 1:1, 1:17, 2:11)
- We can enjoy our relationship with God – now! (1 Pet. 2:9-10)
- We have the opportunity to proclaim His praises. (1 Pet. 2:9)
The fight is real:
- “…not be taken advantage of by Satan. For we are not ignorant of his schemes. (2 Cor. 2:11)
- “…so that you can stand against the tactics of the Devil.” (Eph. 6:11)
- “our battle (fight) is not against flesh and blood…” (Eph. 6:12)
- “..the weapons of our warfare…” (2 Cor. 10:4)
- ” fight the good fight of faith..: (1 Tim 6:12)
- “I labor for this, striving (fighting) with His strength that works powerfully in me.” (Col.1:29)
How do we fight?
- Run (From sin-To God) (1 Tim. 6:11)
- Remove (any provision for flesh – set boundaries) (Rom. 13:14)
- Recite (Word of God; For example- Promises) (2 Peter 1:3-4)
- Reinvest (what God has given you into the lives of others) (1 Thess 5:11; Heb. 3:13)
- Resist (1 Pet 5:9; Jas 4:7-8)
- Submit to God
- Resist the devil
- Draw near to God and He will draw near to you